THE APPEAL OF OMAN GHANA BAAKO
OMAN GHANA BAAKO (OGB) is a registered Non-Governmental and Non-Religious social institution established to help develop Ghana and its people. Our desire is to work with every organization (Government and non-government) in implementing sustainable developmental
programs and projects that would enhance the economy and social status of its people.
It is registered in the United Kingdom with the Companies House; and in Ghana with the Registrar General’s Department and the Department of Social Welfare. OGB is, therefore, bound by a Constitution. Information on OGB is available on our website at www.omanghanabaako1.org
❖ Appeal 1: The Quality of Being Attractive or Interesting. We at OGB strongly believe that corruption can be confronted and dealt with. The Trustees of Oman Ghana Baako believe that our proposed programs and projects would be both attractive and interesting to all residents, expatriates & anyone who cares about Ghana and its people. Our programs and policies give no preference to religious, cultural, political activism, or tribal/group sentiments. This belief is premised on the core elements of OGB that:
- Corruption can be confronted & minimized everywhere. The average Ghanaian can be incorruptible in all their dealings both in public and private establishments.
- Ghana Can Be Better for everyone. Building strategic institutions and implementing good policies and programs can make Ghana attractive to its people and people around the world.
- Ghana’s human, natural & material resources can secure basic social entitlements for everyone. Good management, control and distribution of the country’s resources can enhance the quality of life of the average Ghanaian.
- Our people are Ghana’s most precious resource. Everyone is important in promoting the country without foreign aid.
- Utmost fulfillment of the dreams and aspirations of the Youth. With the social needs of the people assured, the youth can fully participate and achieve their potentials. We appeal to you, to consider our proposals and contribute ideas for further development of our policies and programs.
Appeal 2: A Serious, Urgent, or Heartfelt Request:
The Trustees of OGB believe that timing is important in the implementation of policies and programs. The leadership of OGB believe that:
- Ghana’s economy is growing faster than any other country (IMF, 2019)
- Ghana has a young, rapidly growing population.
iii. Ghana is well positioned – by reputation, location, resources & cultural inheritance to thrive. As Africa is believed to grow faster in the next decade, Ghana has the opportunity to tap into this growth. By the end of this century, these opportunities will skip this current generation.
We, therefore, appeal to everyone to consider these facts; and contribute ideas as to how Ghanaians should respond now.
❖ Appeal 3: Request for Donations to Support Charity or Cause The Trustees of OGB believe that Ghanaians living at home & abroad have the intellectual, moral & material resources to renew Ghana’s promise & purpose.
- Ghanaian expatriates estimated to remit over US$ 2 Billion per year. A very small fraction of that amount will be used to fund OGB’s programs.
- Oman Ghana Baako will initially develop materials pursuant to its program (particularly on recognition, refusal & reporting of corruption), and will recruit and train workers to present these materials for discussion and further development throughout Ghanaian societies.
We appeal to you, to contribute manpower and resources (money and materials) to help promote this worthy cause. We ask all supporters (though more will be welcome if possible) to contribute a monthly commitment of at least one major unit of their local currency, that is:
➢ Ghanaian residents: One Cedi
➢ Eurozone residents: one Euro
➢ UK residents: One GBP
➢ US residents: one USD, etc.
Our website offers a means to contribute ideas in confidence, a newsletter with up-to-date insider information about ideas & program development, plus assessment, research & reports as they become available.
Ghana Can Be Better!